Create a giant archive of robust free reports for optimal SEO Campaign Management
Sometimes publishers know that they should be giving away free content in order to build their email list, but have no idea what to use for content. Should they create new content? Repurpose old content?
If you’re repurposing old content (and we suggest that you do), it’s a whole separate battle to try and come up with themes for your free reports.
Well, anything that you can do to help determine what your customers are interested in—although not necessarily willing to pay for—will suggest a free report topic.
Let’s make a list:
- Research audience interest and keywords using the Google Keyword Tool. What are people looking for in your specific niche?
- Review the most frequently asked questions posted to your online forum, on Facebook, on Twitter and elsewhere in your online communities.
- Determine which of your paid products are the best sellers. Can you create a mini lead-gen product from your larger product?
- Examine your magazine cover stories to determine which have the best sell-through.
- Review your direct mail results to determine which teaser lines create the most sales.
- Review the subject lines of your most successful email marketing campaigns to determine which create the highest open rates.
- Determine which sessions at your live events are the most popular.
Download a FREE copy of Best Email Subject Lines for Selling Premium Subscriptions and Memberships and discover an extensive list of email subject line frameworks that are consistently proven to sell and boost revenue for publishers.
When it comes to giving things away for free, SEO should be your top priority. After all, word of mouth is great, but the long-tail effect of having a highly ranked landing page for your free product is even more valuable.
Here’s a tip that every online editor and copywriter should know:
Many people start their search by typing the words “how to” and a verb in the query box. Adding “how to” and verbs to your primary keyword phrases can result in optimal rankings.
For more tips on creating free reports and launching optimized SEO campaigns, download our free report, SEO Campaign Management Basics.