Online Publishing Jobs
Are you looking to use your extensive experience in email marketing to make a significant impact on the growth of an email marketing channel at a leading online retailer? Socrates Media (owner of Socrates.com, CompleteLandlord.com, RentSlicer.com and several sites under development) is looking for an experienced marketer who will be recognized as our email marketing guru. This role will be filled by an ambitious individual who will provide the requisite leadership to grow our email marketing channel and improve the way we communicate with our customers. This is a great new opportunity for someone with experience in the field to take his/her career to the next level by leading a significant marketing channel and gaining new experiences from talented marketers at Socrates.
Socrates seeks an experienced Email Marketing Assistant Manager with a proven record to join the Integrated Marketing team. The Email Marketing Assistant Manager is responsible for developing email contact strategy, testing plan, and execute on the strategy to enhance online customer sales, retention and profitability. The ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge of targeted email marketing, list management, segmentation, and email analytics. Several internal and external resources will report to the Online Marketing Assistant Manager. An entrepreneurial spirit is a must.
Download a FREE copy of Best Email Subject Lines for Selling Premium Subscriptions and Memberships and discover an extensive list of email subject line frameworks that are consistently proven to sell and boost revenue for publishers.
We’re a leading brand name offering thousands of relevant, comprehensive, and lower cost do-it-yourself products and services to individuals and small businesses. The company’s products can be found in over 5,000 retail locations and across the internet.
- Develop email contact strategy, plan and manage all email marketing campaigns.
- Manage the budget and ROI for Email program.
- Develop creative briefs and work with agencies and production team on creative development.
- Work with email delivery system for the production and deployment.
- Ensure accuracy in pricing, promotion, copy and link for all emails.
- Keep up to date with CAN-SPAM and email best practices to provide direction and improve performance.
- Responsible for building and managing the email list.
- Manage segmentation of the list and develop targeted email campaigns.
- Provide recommendations for personalization and auto-triggered emails.
- Produce ongoing competitive and financial analysis of all email programs.
- Collaborate with product management and business development teams to select merchandise for email campaigns.
- Primarily accountable for optimizing performance of email program.
- Develop and present new testing schedule and ideas to increase email performance.
- Work closely with analytics team to determine targeting criteria as well as test designs within overall contact strategy.
- Develop deep understanding of email metrics and the associated drivers.
- Provide weekly updates on key metrics, ROI, and key trends for email program.
- Negotiate with external vendors on creative ways to expand our e-mail list.
- 3+ years of Marketing experience, ideally in online marketing with database-driven programs such as direct mail or email campaigns
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field
- Ability to analyze customer needs accurately
- Experience in developing consumer marketing communications strategy and presenting recommendations and results to senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills, work well with partners and vendors
- Able to work under deadline. High level of motivation and energy
- Working knowledge of general web technologies, HTML
- Solid organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results-driven, self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic environment
Socrates offers a business casual workplace plus a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holiday pay.
We offer competitive compensation including base plus bonus, a casual work environment, and a stimulating and highly entrepreneurial atmosphere. Due to a high level of response, only those with relevant experience will be contacted. Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Careers@Socrates.com. No phone inquiries, please.