Note: This job description is one in a series of job descriptions for multiplatform publishers. If you operate or plan to operate a Mequoda System, this series of job descriptions will help you build a team that will command and conquer your multiplatform publishing effort.
In Ad Sales, you will sell online directory listings and advertising for a xxxxxxx circulation magazine and its digital and social channels/properties. A person in this position creatively defines marketing opportunities and solves marketing problems with content marketing and social media solutions for national and mega-regional advertisers. The ad salesperson will manage an existing account base and conduct business-building through out-bound calling, sales appointments, presentations and follow-up. Some travel required.
- Call and email currently running accounts to build relationship, service and increase sales
- Cold-call, email, and use social networking tools to access and qualify new leads to pitch
- Follow up orders placed with appropriate service to make sure client deliverables are met
- Support company marketing efforts
- Promptly, correctly, and in detail record client information in CRM system
Experience / Skills Required or Desired
- High capacity to qualify, close, and manage client relationships.
- Must be articulate in person, on phone, and in writing.
- Telesales, telemarketing, or collection calling preferred.
- Must utilize [SalesForce or other], Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Also needed are the skill to access data and research on the Internet.