Note: This job description is one in a series of job descriptions for multiplatform publishers. If you operate or plan to operate a Mequoda System, this series of job descriptions will help you build a team that will command and conquer your multiplatform publishing effort.
An Email Marketing Manager is responsible for facilitating accomplishment of a company’s vision and values by maximizing the revenue resulting from opt-in email lists through optimum and sustainable promotion of products.
- Assemble reports monthly, analyzing past result of email campaigns.
- Utilize past results, as well as editor input and email best practices for copy, design, list segmentation and offer, to ensure that email promotions for products directed to opt-in lists maximize short term and long term revenue.
- Management of design and development of regular testing programs to all email lists, resulting in a continuous improvement in email best practices and results.
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM regulations.
- Understand how to utilize best practices for direct marketing promotion and “endorsement” selling to optimize revenue from both editorial and promotions.
- Monitor SEO premiums and report their effect on list growth as a result of campaign success.
- Maximize the revenue from available web and email marketing house ad positions through the use of testing, effective analysis, scheduling and creative approaches.
- Develop and manage the budgets, schedules and production processes associated with house web and email ad promotions.
- Learn, comply, and enforce the company philosophy in all email and online marketing practices.
- Strong combination of creative and analytical skills to both create promotions and analyze them.
- Strong project management skills to achieve promotion mail dates and schedule adherence while working with internal groups.
- Attention to detail to insure promotions are accurate and meet schedules.
- 2+ years direct marketing experience (on-line and email marketing experience a plus).
- Demonstrated experience to develop and manage email promotion budgets
- Demonstrated experience utilizing email best practices.
- Knowledge of special interest or niche markets in a multi-platform media company a plus.
- Experience with web analytics software and basic HTML experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills a must.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
Education and/or Experience:
B.S. in marketing, communication or a related field and/or 2 or more years of experience in direct online marketing.