Does paid advertising work well online?
Our Internet Marketing Strategy focuses on multiple ways to maximize revenues by using the Internet as a major source of traffic and revenue. By including a variety of business-building tools, such as social media, link-building campaigns and online advertising, you will drive website traffic and increase revenue.
We’re all about free advertising but the fact is, paid media works. And sometimes it’s easier to buy website traffic than to rely on free media. A further advantage of buying traffic is that the publisher can pretty much control where and when the traffic will land on the site.
Download a FREE copy of 7 Ways to Monetize your Portal Audience, and discover how today's top publishers are generating revenue through memberships, events, clubs, sponsorships, and more.
Examples of Paid Advertising
Here are six examples of paid media sources than can effectively drive traffic to your site that you may want to include in your Internet Marketing Strategy:
- Internet Marketing Strategy paid media source #1: Pay-Per-Click – buying specific keywords or keyword phrases on search engines. This allows your to set the keyword phrases to drive traffic directly into your individual product satellite site’s “sales letter” landing pages.
- Internet Marketing Strategy paid media source #2: Co-Registration – asking visitors on someone else’s website to visit your website. This is great for building an email database and it’s cheap.
- Internet Marketing Strategy paid media source #3: Affiliate Marketing – may involve text, graphics, email or some other kind of content. It’s really space advertising, but on a revenue-share basis. Having lots of affiliate links on your sales letter landing page will provide a reasonably good chance of boosting your search engine ranking.
- Internet Marketing Strategy paid media source #4: Internet Advertising – buying advertising space—links, banners, text ads—on someone else’s website. The click through rate (CTR) may be low but so is the cost.
- Internet Marketing Strategy paid media source #5: Print Advertising – used to drive website traffic directly to a selected landing page, particularly in niche markets. They generally have low cost-per-thousand advertising rates.
- Internet Marketing Strategy paid media source #6: Direct Mail – add a simple line, a paragraph, or more, inviting the recipient of the direct mail piece to log on to your website and receive something relevant to the direct mail content for free. Once on the site, of course, the person must provide an email address before receiving the free content.
Whether your purpose is to launch a new media product or to manage, maintain and improve an existing media brand, an effective Internet Marketing Strategy can help you turn your special-interest magazine, newsletter, book, website, blog, forum, TV show, radio show or newspaper column into a successful media empire.