The major differentiation between the Internet marketing strategy of the Mequoda System and that of traditional publishing models is the use of free content to drive online traffic. By offering free content (e.g., email newsletter subscriptions, HTML webpage access, eBooks or eReports, blogs or Web feeds) through a variety of free and/or paid media sources, a publisher can entice interested individuals to a website—a Mequoda Internet Hub.
- Once on site, the individual must provide an email address in order to receive the free content.
- That contact information becomes part of a huge marketing database, which the publisher can then use to market products of value.
- We’ve identified more than 14 earned and paid sources that can effectively drive traffic to publisher websites.
- We’ve also identified six database marketing channels that publishers can use to bring home the bacon.
- Using content to drive traffic isn’t just a theory. For leading-edge publishers, this is happening today.
Learn more about the Mequoda Internet Marketing System in the comfort of your own home or office, with the Internet Strategy for Publishers and Authors video seminar, on sale now at Mequoda Bookstore.