Fashion & lifestyle media platform Red Relish is looking for the next digital stylista and e-fashion rockstar.
As Managing Editor, you’ll lead online content development for a soon-to-be launched fashion & lifestyle media platform. You’ll need to prove your capabilities both as an editorial visionary producing top-quality content and as a strong motivator with a knack for hiring and managing a team of talented content producers (both on-site and remote).
You revel in the speed and tempo of running up-to-the-minute editorial. You know what works on the web and are a true believer in content — a modern Editor who knows what’s au courant and adapts accordingly. You’ve got a solid media pedigree, working in the ranks of established publishers and/or well-trafficked sites.
You understand how to drive the development of online content from concept through launch and beyond.
- Work closely with Product Management to solidify the vision and develop roadmap for a brand new concept site
- Develop the voice, tone and mix of content to fulfill the overall editorial strategy
- Hire and manage a team of content creators including editors, writers and producers
- Craft the editorial calendar to ensure original, articulate, compelling and differentiated content including hands-on content creation and production
- Collaborate with the designers and implementation team to create tools, applications and site features to enhance editorial
- Liaise with other teams within the company to cross-functionality and cross-promotion via content
- Build a distinct and loyal user base and generate high levels of engagement
- Collaborate with PR team to promote and represent the company through various media outlets
- Support the sales team by using content and the site as a whole to support advertising initiatives and revenue opportunities
- Minimum of five years of editorial and product experience
- Minimum of three years of online content management experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in building and managing a team of editors, writers and content producers
- Strong awareness of Social Media (Twitter, Facebook) as a tool for brand building, audience expansion and engagement
- Sound knowledge of content creation, content management systems, and user interaction in an online environment
- Experience in using research and data to help guide decision making
- A background working at news, lifestyle or women’s sites that comes with a solid network of industry contacts including PR professionals, fellow editors and fashion industry stars on the rise
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment; expectations are high but autonomy can be sweet
- Passion for fashion, lifestyle, shopping and digital media
- Experience in using data and analytics to drive specific initiatives and outcomes
- Understanding of how to drive engagement and site traffic through SEO
- Experience in producing audio (podcast) and video content for the web
How to Land the Job:
Your cover letter should show off your editorial voice and tell us why you’re the next digital stylista, e-fashion rockstar. Please include the reasons for your interest in the position, desired salary range and indicate if you have references from content writers you’ve managed.
Do you have a portfolio of sites – either complete makeovers or new launches – that you were a part of? Have you built a personal blog or other content sites from the ground up? Tell us how you made them successful.
Include editorial clips and tell us where you tweet!
Still in stealth mode, Red Relish is the new business unit of a well-funded leader in the online fashion and soft goods space headquartered in Silicon Valley. The goal of Red Relish is to gain a large, loyal reader base by establishing itself as an authority on the latest fashion, celebrity, and lifestyle trends – from Madison Ave to Main Street.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.