Online Publishing Jobs
Socrates Media, a leading brand of know-how solutions for individuals and small businesses, seeks a product manager to join its team.
Socrates Media is a leading brand of know-how solutions for individuals and small businesses. Socrates offers thousands of relevant, compliant, comprehensive and lower cost do-it-yourself product and service alternatives to high-cost legal and professional services. Today the company’s products can be found across the Internet, including the company owned sites of CompleteLandlord.com, RentSlicer.com, and Socrates.com. In addition, our products have distribution in over 5,000 retail locations and at more than 1,000 affiliate partners.
We seek an exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven product manager to build and run one of our businesses targeting small business, real estate, or personal legal & finance. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to shape our subscription services and product offerings. You will work across multiple channels to define roadmaps, position our services, analyze markets and competitors, ensure pricing effectiveness, and help launch new services. You must be comfortable with ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and able to balance strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution
The product manager will be a key driver in the planning, creation, execution, and analysis of multi-channel marketing programs. These programs will drive millions of dollars in top line revenue, profitable margin and target customers based on their interests. This individual will be an integral member of the marketing team with wide ranging responsibilities. This is an ideal position for a results-oriented individual with a strong product development focus, experience with on-line services selling, and a creative mindset to reach help you reach your target audience.
Download a FREE copy of 7 Ways to Monetize your Portal Audience, and discover how today's top publishers are generating revenue through memberships, events, clubs, sponsorships, and more.
- Develop the company’s multi-channel product and service strategy for the Socrates suite of offerings
- Establish strategies for the build out of the real estate and other businesses which can be translated into near-term and long-term goals as well as profit targets
- Establish and manage cross-functional teams for online services and product lines.
- Manage all aspects of product development and revisions with internal and external sources including developing and managing product schedules to hit key development milestones and production deadlines.
- Screen and recommend new products for integration into product line, research products as needed to justify recommendation.
- Act as Customer Service liaison for product information and training.
- Gain a thorough understanding of customer’s needs and mindset in order to generate Internet and product roadmaps to meet those needs
- Plan and execute campaigns targeted to maximize product and service revenue to reach lifetime customer value goals. Includes conceptualizing promotions, selecting featured products and services, overseeing creative resources, and working with various internal groups to ensure success and consistency
- Manage product line P&L, lifecycle, pricing strategies, project planning and execution
- Monitor competitive performance, customer feedback and customer satisfaction
- Work across multiple teams to formulate strategy and specific marketing program
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field, MBA preferred
- 5 years relevant experience within a product management environment, B2C preferred
- Must have Internet marketing experience: retail experience a plus
- Real estate experience a plus
- Excellent analytical skills. Must be able to formulate analysis plans and gather, analyze, summarize and present performance data
- Brings a high level of creativity and innovation; a motivated self-starter who works with minimal direction
- Successful performance in project management, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively, work well with others, use productive work methods, exercise sound judgment and proven ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- High degree of PC skills with a strong working knowledge of common software applications
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a sense of humor, and a positive attitude
Socrates offers competitive compensation including base plus bonus, a casual work environment, and a stimulating and highly entrepreneurial atmosphere. Due to a high level of response, only those with relevant experience will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please. Interested parties can send their information to Christine.Matson@socrates.com .