A collection of great landing page optimization tips covering SEO, website design, A/B testing, and copywriting
We’re big on landing pages. I mean, who isn’t? Every page on your site could be considered a landing page. After all, a landing page is merely the page that a user “lands” on when they find you through a link or a search engine.
This week we’re at the 2009 SIPA 33rd Annual International Conference in Washington, D.C. and while I’ll be throwing all kinds of coverage up on the blog later this week, I thought today, given our very busy schedule at the conference, I’d do a recap on some great landing page research we’ve posted recently.
Here’s our list of 15 landing page tips to talk about (and share with your colleagues):
1. How BLR Increased Membership Website Conversions 15.74% with a New Headline
How a more robust registration headline on this membership website brought conversion rates from drab to fab
2. Organic, Dedicated and Hybrid Landing Pages – Oh My!
It isn’t enough to know how to design a landing page, you should also understand why writing for the web is not the same as writing for print
3. Five Essential Elements for a Great Sales Letter Landing Page
Forget the cash register. First, make sure your landing pages answer this question for your users: “what’s in it for me?”
4. Why Google May be Ignoring your Rapid Conversion Landing Pages
The simple website architecture requirement that virtually guarantees your offer will be found and indexed highly by Google
5. Bob Brady’s 10 Google Website Optimizer Best Practices
Thirteen best practices to consider when testing the elements of your website landing pages
6. Top 15 To-Do List for Multivariate Testing with Google Website Optimizer
Google Website Optimizer tips from SiPA’s 25th Annual Mid-Year Marketing Conference: Gain. Market. Share.
7. Why Susan Boyle is Like a Good Landing Page
Test your landing pages, because 9 times out of 10, snap judgments will prove you wrong
8. Don’t Forget the End-Goal of Your Link-Building Efforts
Why it’s critical to have one authority page, ideally a Rapid Conversion Landing Page, as the reservoir for all your internal and external link juice
9. Test Your Copywriting Expertise
This publisher’s “winning” titles routinely generate 50 percent more sales than the “losing” titles
10. Landing Page Tracking: 3 Online Tools
Diagnose the health of your landing pages with these three online tools that will tell you more about your visitors and how well your design/copy is converting
11. Elements of an Excellent Email-Capture Page
A checklist of 9 must-haves for a list-building rapid conversion landing page
12. Usability Testing: 5 Heat Map Tracking Tools to Watch What Your Visitors Do
Supplement your analytics with some cool visuals from online heatmap tracking tools
13. 8 Reasons to Use a Solo Orderflow
Maximize conversion rates with solo orderflows and independent information products
14. Landing Page Keyword Research
Choosing relevant keywords for your rapid conversion landing page will put you on page one and build your email list
15. The Best SEO Keyword Strategy – Picking SEO Keyword Fights You Can Win
All SEO keywords are not equally important—volume and competition matter!
Do you have any landing page article favorites? Be sure to share them in the comments!
Speaking of landing pages… That’s right—we have a webinar coming up on June 10th that goes into the nitty gritty of how to perform A/B and multivariate testing on your landing pages, plus tons of case studies from speakers Bob Brady (Business & Legal Reports) and Greg Krehbiel (Kiplinger). It’s called Landing Pages that Work and we hope you’ll join us. The early-bird rate of $197 ends this Friday!