Jim Laube publishes one of the most successful special niche membership websites on the Internet at RestaurantOwner.com.
There are a lot of reasons for his success, including that he is an authority on his topic and a very savvy marketer.
If you want to get inspired by a master copywriter, just visit his site and jot down the headlines. I’ll bet they’ll spark some ideas on articles you could write for your own member site.
Headlines that capture your interest
For example, here are some recent Restaurant.com headlines:
- DOWNLOAD: New Restaurant Opening Manual
- Do You Need a Cash Register or POS System, and What’s the Difference Anyway?
- ONLINE SEMINAR: Financial Best Practices
- DOWNLOAD: Restaurant Startup Checklist
- Tips from a Restaurant Reviewer
- Leasing Essentials For Restaurant Operators: What you need to know to protect your business & get the best terms
- Planning the Opening of Your Restaurant: Unless You Have Your ‘Ducks in a Row,’ Opt for a Soft Opening
- How to Get All the Customers You Will Ever Need for Your Restaurant
- DOWNLOAD: Training Manual Templates
- Seven Ways to Halt Receiving Losses
- Having Bartender Woes? Put Those Days Behind You
- How to Get Discounts of Up to 90% When Buying Advertising for Your Restaurant
- The Top 10 Myths of Restaurant Profitability
The possible SWEPA equivalent
Find out the CMS features that publishers require to manage an online publishing business. Download a FREE copy of 7 Ways Haven Wordpress Goes Beyond Wordpress, and discover the features all publishers should have access to for a bigger audience, greater revenue, and higher profits.
So, if we followed Jim’s lead, here are the headlines of features that SWEPA could develop for its members.
- Download: New membership website start-up manual
- Does your site need a credit card merchant account or a gateway provider and what’s the difference, anyway?
- Online seminar: Best information product development practices
- Download: Membership website startup checklist
- Tips from a veteran online information product shopper
- Merchant account essentials for subscription websites: What you need to know to protect your business and get the best terms
- Planning the launch of membership website: Unless you have your ‘ducks in a row,’ opt for a soft launch
- How to get all the subscribers you will ever need for your online newsletter
- DOWNLOAD: Membership website design templates
- Seven ways to halt membership resignations
- Having content creation woes? Put those days behind you
- How to get discounts of up to 90 percent when buying banner advertising for your website
- The top 10 myths about making money online with information products
Modeling what works
One of the quickest paths to success is to find experts and model their performance. Of course, this is easier said than done.
But the strategy is sound. If you identify people or businesses that are performing at a high level, and you can observe and codify what they do, you have a reasonable expectation that, if you follow their recipe, you can achieve a similar result.
Successful sites like RestaurantOwner.com provide both instruction and inspiration for aspiring membership website publishers.