Charcoal or propane? Campfire or top-of-the-line Weber grill? You just can’t beat the taste of a meal made on the grill. That goes for the expected, like vegetables, fish, and beef; but it goes for the unexpected, too. Have you tried watermelon on the grill? Or fresh corn? How about a head of Romaine lettuce? That’s good eatin’!
From pre-dinner drinks to sides to sizzling summer suppers and even campfire desserts, you’ll find more than two dozen recipes in this issue that highlight the versatility of the grill.
Here’s a sample of some of the dishes on the menu for this issue of RecipeLion Magazine:
These Scintillating Summer Suppers are made for the grill, but don’t let a rainy day stop you. They’re easy to make indoors on the stovetop, too. The key here is to use garden-fresh vegetables and herbs whenever possible. These dishes are simple, but packed with flavor. Here are some of the recipes in this section.
- Grilled Eggplant Marinade with Garlic and Basil: With a marinade of grated garlic, chopped fresh basil, freshly ground black pepper, and olive oil, you know you’re in for a treat.
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Grape and Caper Salsa: Just like beef steak, you can enjoy tuna in different degrees of doneness, opening up your palate to a whole gamut of tastes and textures.
- Spicy Lime Grilled Tequila Chicken: Tangy, smoky, and slightly sweet, this grilled chicken recipe is perfect for soft tacos or served with rice for an easy and healthy weeknight dinner.
Sides are great for a barbecue. They can be little snacks or full-on meals by themselves. The 7 recipes in Party Perfect Side Dishes cover a lot of ground. You’ll find a few that might be surprising, like the Grilled Watermelon Salad, but there are some classics here, too. A few recipes include:
- Grilled Watermelon Salad: This sweet, quintessential summer fruit is a great candidate for grilling when you’re hosting a backyard get-together.
- Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan: Asparagus is the defining vegetable of spring and early summer. It’s juicy, sweet, tender, and depending on where you live, might only be available for a few weeks.
- Lemon Sage Pasta Salad: Homegrown veggies can seem a lot sweeter because they’re fresh, but the citrusy combo of sage and lemons balances the sweetness out.
Cooking out is always a special occasion, but throw in a few special drink recipes and it’s more special than ever! We have a few snazzy drink recipes included in our Fresh Fruity Fusions that I adore and I think you’ll love, too!
- Cucumber Gimlet(ish): When you’re in the mood for a refreshing summer cocktail, this is it.
- Limoncello Sunrise: This refreshing tropical garden-to-glass cocktail, Limoncello Sunrise, combines homemade limoncello, orange juice, and homemade grenadine.
- Herbal Dill Lemonade: There’s nothing like a glass of freshly-squeezed lemonade to make a hot summer day better.
What would a cookout be without some good old-fashioned S’mores? The recipes in Campfire Confections are ideal for those nights when the stars are twinkling overhead and the vast universe seems to be calling to us. But hey! No one said you can’t roast some marshmallows over the charcoals in your suburban backyard grill! These recipes will taste superb either way. I promise!
- Peanut Butter S’mores: Just when you thought s’mores couldn’t get any better, along comes creamy peanut butter to the mix.
- Layered S’mores Casserole: This decadent desert is perfect for family gatherings or a sleepover.
I hope you enjoy this issue of RecipeLion Magazine, and find a beautiful, sunny day to try out some of these recipes!
About RecipeLion Magazine: RecipeLion Magazine is all about creating and adapting recipes so even the busiest cooks can successfully make tasty and delicious dinners. All recipes are guaranteed to be family-friendly, tested for ease of preparation, tested to ensure deliciousness, and guaranteed to include readily available ingredients.
About Mequoda Publishing Network: Mequoda provides actionable ideas, inspiration, and advice for gardeners, cooks, and crafting enthusiasts—with the goal of improving their lives and increasing personal enrichment and enjoyment. We operate five multiplatform consumer brands, including six magazines, 28 email newsletters, and more than 100 digital books. We partner with dozens of sponsors to help them market their products to our audiences.
For nearly two decades, Mequoda has explored and expanded the evolving art and science of multiplatform publishing and marketing. With in-depth research, aggressive testing, and cutting-edge strategy, Mequoda has developed a reputation as an industry leader for building and operating multiplatform communities that serve, engage and delight consumers, sponsors, and affiliates.
Contact: To learn more about our Email Marketing and Broadcasting Services, Exchange Program, or to become a marketing partner with any of our publications, please contact me at Christy@Mequoda.com or 781-556-1006.