PON.Harvard.edu, an educational publisher, relaunches their site with the goal of becoming a true online publishing resource for people interested in negotiation
Founded in 1983 as special research project at Harvard University, the Program on Negotiation (PON) is “dedicated to developing the theory and practice of negotiation and dispute resolution.”.
PON includes faculty, students, and staff from Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Tufts University.
Susan Hackley and Robert Mnookin of PON say “there will always be conflict. In fact, many remark ruefully that conflict is a ‘growth industry.’ Knowing how to negotiate to solve problems, make deals, build consensus, avoid violence, and manage intractable disputes is a competency that is vitally needed in the world.”
As an educational publisher, PON runs several negotiation projects at a time. According to PON, “publications from these projects have influenced both academic study and popular understanding of negotiation.”
Harvard’s Program on Negotiation recently worked together with Mequoda to rebuild their existing site into a state of the art Mequoda Hub, offering an abundance of free content and free reports, plus a plethora of paid products including newsletters and events.
The move over to our Mequoda WordPress system gives Harvard the ultimate advantage in their niche, as the site has been designed for maximum search engine visibility. The site targets niche keyword phrases and includes tag, author, and glossary pages.
Pages on the site have also been designed to maximize the conversion of website visitors into email subscribers. The new daily blog will increase website traffic and page views.
Download a FREE copy of 7 Ways to Monetize your Portal Audience, and discover how today's top publishers are generating revenue through memberships, events, clubs, sponsorships, and more.
Here are some other features:
- A free reports marketplace with two free reports: The New Conflict Management: Strategies for Dealing with Tough Topics & Interpersonal Conflicts and Team-Building Strategies: Building a Winning Team for Your Organization.
- A marketplace of PON courses and training programs, such as Executive Education Seminars, The Harvard Institute, and PON Seminars.
- In their publications marketplace, they launched with three existing products:
- Their monthly publication, Negotiation, as well as a corresponding back-issue archive.
- Their 25 year-old quarterly publication, the Negotiation Journal, “devoted to the publication of works that advance the theory, analysis, practice, and instruction of negotiation and dispute resolution.”
- The Harvard Negotiation Law Review, unlike Negotiation Journal, which has a general audience of negotiation scholars and practitioners, the Harvard Negotiation Law Review is aimed specifically at lawyers and legal scholars.
- A “Research at PON” portal that brings together all PON research projects on one page. Diving into each project brings users to a unique website satellite with associated information and articles for the project.
- A student center, which provides students with links to pages on careers, Consortium Schools & Other Boston Area Universities, their Dispute Resolution Director and other areas.
- A robust glossary featuring definitions and related articles.
- An author index page which lists contributors to PON and links to their individual author landing pages.
To learn more about the site, please visit http://www.pon.harvard.edu.