According to a year-old study by the Pew Internet & American Life Project, the “online faithful” are devout and they use the Internet for personal spiritual matters more than for traditional religious functions or work related to their places of worship.
As previously reported, this trend represents an opportunity for spiritual entrepreneurs to create pay-for-access membership websites.
One of the most recent entries into this field is Daily Word, which has been published in hard copy format for more than 80 years. The monthly magazine of inspirational messages is distributed to about one million people in 175 countries. Now some of its content is available online.
Daily spiritual inspiration and practical help through positive affirmations, inspirational stories, Bible verses, and guiding thoughts. No matter what faith you are, Daily Word is designed to support you on your spiritual path.
Download a FREE copy of 7 Ways to Monetize your Portal Audience, and discover how today's top publishers are generating revenue through memberships, events, clubs, sponsorships, and more.
- Read Daily Word online every day.
- Share your thoughts and feelings about the daily messages with other DailyWord.com members at the Daily Café.
- Search thousands of daily messages and articles in Daily Word archives. The first Daily Word magazine was published in 1924. All messages and articles since the first edition of the magazine are part of the DailyWord.com archives, and many are already searchable by topic, keyword or date.
- Sign up for free e-mail delivery of Daily Word.
- Be the first to hear about special offers for new Daily Word materials like booklets, newsletters and greeting cards.
Daily Word inspirational themes include comfort, divine Order, faith, forgiveness, free, grace, guidance, harmony, healing, inner peace, joy, let go, let God, pray for others, prosperity and protection.
Colleen Zuck has been editor-in-chief of Daily Word magazine since 1985. Previously, she was editor-in-chief of another Unity publication, Wee Wisdom, the world’s oldest continually published children’s magazine.
Daily Word contributing writers have included authors Deepak Chopra and Joan Borysenko, singer Judy Collins, the late Steve Allen, and Dr. Wayne Dyer. The DailyWord.com website also includes contributions and endorsements from such notables as cancer specialist Dr. Bernie Siegel, singer Naomi Judd, and comediennes Fannie Flagg and Phyllis Diller.
The price for Daily Word online is US $2.97 monthly or US $29 annually. Daily Word magazine subscribers get a discount. A free 14-day trial membership is offered to doubting Thomases.