Stephan Spencer, Founder and President of NetConcepts lists some helpful SEO tips and (mostly) free online tools
In a session called “Best-Kept Secrets for Search Marketing Success” at the Web 2.0 Expo today in NYC, Stephan Spencer went through a number of great SEO tools in his presentation that I had to jot down and share with you.
Some of them you might have heard us write about before, but there are lots more on this list for comparison.
Figuring Out How Your Site is Indexed
Keeping Up With Your PageRank
- Using rel=nofollow on low-value internal links
- SEOChat PageRank Search tool
- SEOChat PageRank Lookup tool
- SEO for Firefox tool
Scanning for Duplicate Content
- Blocking duplicate content without blackholing the PageRank (i.e. disallowing with rel=nofollow)
Seeing How Search Engine Spiders See Your Website
- SEOChat Keyword Density Tool
- WebConfs Keyword Density Checker
- LinkVendor’s Keyword Density Check
Consumers are telling us loud and clear what they want—are you listening? Download a copy of our 2018 Mequoda Magazine Consumer Study for FREE, to find out how you can improve your digital magazine rapport with subscribers.
- Yahoo Site Explorer
- link: on Google & on Google Blog Search (Forbes example)
- SEOTools Backlink Analyzer
Identifying Sites Likely to Give “Link Love”
Link Analysis and PageRank
- User Agent Switcher – pretend to be Googlebot when serving.
- SwitchProxy – pretend to be a different IP address, useful to see different paid search results
- Copyscape – website plagiarism search
- Xenu Link Sleuth – checks for broken links on your site
- Robot Replay – recorded sesssions of what your users clicked on your site
- CrazyEgg – shows a heatmap of where people clicked on your site
- Wayback Machine – shows archived versions of websites from previous dates
Reporting & Analytics
More notes and quotes from the Web 2.0 Expo (and still more to be added so stay tuned):