Online Publishing Jobs
The research editor has editorial and account responsibility for sponsored research projects conducted by CFO Research Services. The research editor designs research studies in consultation with sponsors; executes quantitative, qualitative, and desk research programs; writes reports; and manages report production. He or she reports to the director of research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define study objectives in consultation with research sponsors.
- Prepare materials for quantitative and qualitative research, including executive opinion surveys, interview guides, and desk research.
- Conduct interviews with senior finance executives.
- Analyze survey data in search of patterns that reveal executives’ preferences and priorities, business practices that yield desirable outcomes, and investment plans, etc.
- Derive narrative story from research programs in support of sponsor’s objectives and CFO Research’s editorial mission.
- Write reports based on findings from research programs. Prepare text, graphics, sidebars, etc. for publication.
- Manage bookmaking process—working with design and freelance editorial teams to create high-quality, co-branded reports.
- Serve as sponsors’ primary contact at CFO Research Services. Work with sponsors to develop research programs that meet their business and research objectives – and to ensure that all studies conducted by CFO Research serve our readers’ desire for high-quality, analytical, factually sound research on corporate finance.
- Negotiate with sponsor teams on the scope of research projects and the interpretation of survey and interview findings. (For example, some sponsors have an agenda that conflicts with good research practices; accordingly, the research manager works closely with the sponsor to reach agreement on how we can and cannot interpret data.)
Download a FREE copy of 7 Ways to Monetize your Portal Audience, and discover how today's top publishers are generating revenue through memberships, events, clubs, sponsorships, and more.
- Coordinate the activities of the research, art, marketing, and freelance teams to execute research programs and to publish and promote reports.
- Provide editorial and quality oversight on all research related publications, announcements, and promotions.
- Assign and manage freelance projects to third-party contributors.
- Quality of editorial work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Customer satisfaction
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of corporate finance
- Quantitative analysis and qualitative interviewing skills
- Complex project management
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- Five or more years as a business-oriented writer, editor, analyst, and researcher
- The research editor works closely with the research director, sales directors, and president of CFO Enterprises on conference agendas, prospective research topics and conference presentations, and new product development. In addition, the research editor hosts webcasts on CFO.com and other venues. Because the research team is so small, the research editor often handles last-minute research and analysis tasks, as well as general editorial work such as production editing, proofreading, etc.
CFO Publishing is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation & benefits package. CFO provides medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability benefits, as well as 401(k), group profit sharing and a bonus plan.
Please send your resume and cover letter to CFOResearchJobs@cfo.com.
About CFO magazine
CFO magazine is the leading business magazine written and edited specifically for senior executives with financial responsibility. Published monthly in the United States and eight times annually in Europe and Asia, CFO provides in-depth coverage of strategic financial management and its effect on the bottom line in large and midsize companies. CFO magazine has more than 450,000 readers in the US alone.
About CFO Research Services
Original research and thoughtful analyses are the cornerstones of CFO Research Services Group. Our team of research professionals dissects emerging trends in business and financial management using mailed surveys and personal, on-the-record interviews with respected financial executives. Our white papers and research reports, which may be sponsored by key clients, often provide a backdrop to conference themes and illustrate new applications of technology and breakthrough managerial thinking.