The Mequoda Media Pyramid is the core of the seven Mequoda System habits. Building a Mequoda Media Pyramid is an exercise through which you dig down and determine exactly how you’re going to run your company.
In a Mequoda media enterprise, the commonality is not the platform; rather, it is the expertise in, knowledge of and in-depth perspective about the subject at hand. And those capabilities can, and should, expand across several different kinds of media that are marketed to targeted, qualified prospects and distributed from a master production operation.
That is as true for publishers with one print newsletter and seeking additional revenue streams, as it is for publishers with many products—newsletters, magazines, websites, events, etc., and multiple revenue streams. The pyramid provides a method for organizing content to maximize profit.
Download a FREE copy of 7 Ways to Monetize your Portal Audience, and discover how today's top publishers are generating revenue through memberships, events, clubs, sponsorships, and more.
Whether as products, subscriptions, events, services or something else, the various media are marketed to increasingly specific audiences at progressively higher price levels that offer considerably more valuable margins to the publisher. That is the essence of the Mequoda Media Pyramid.
This article was written by Don Nicholas with the help of Jane E. Zarem. It is just one part in a series on the Mequoda System. See below for the rest of this series:
1. An Introduction to the Mequoda System
2. Mequoda System Habit #1: Implement a Strategic Management System
3. Mequoda System Habit #2: Build a Mequoda Media Pyramid
4. Mequoda System Habit #3: Build a Mequoda Website Network
5. Mequoda System Habit #4: Organize Content Around the Customer
6. Mequoda System Habit #5: Create User-Centric Websites
7. Mequoda System Habit #6: Implement a Mequoda Marketing System
8. Mequoda System Habit #7: Make Metric-Driven Decisions
9. Repeat the Continuous Improvement Cycle
To see our latest revitalization of the Mequoda System, download our most recent FREE Online Publishing Secrets white paper.