Note: This job description is one in a series of job descriptions for multiplatform publishers. If you operate or plan to operate a Mequoda System, this series of job descriptions will help you build a team that will command and conquer your multiplatform publishing effort.
The Ad Account Manager will creatively define marketing opportunities and solve marketing problems with content marketing and social media solutions for national and mega-regional advertisers. The Ad Account Manager will manage an existing account base and conduct business-building through out-bound calling, sales appointments, presentations and follow-up.
- Call, email, and visit currently running accounts to build relationship, service and increase sales
- Cold-call, email, and use social networking tools to access and qualify new leads to pitch, propose and win new business
- Attend trade shows, industry events, and participate in industry organizations to develop relationships, source new leads and build the company’s reputation
- Follow up orders placed with appropriate service to make sure client deliverables are met
- Support company marketing efforts
- Participate in company strategic and tactical planning by bringing client needs and opinions articulately to the process
- Promptly, correctly, and in detail record client information in CRM system
Experience/Skils Requires or Desired
- 4-year college degree
- Must be self-motivated to proactively evangelize and network to grow business.
- High capacity to manage multiple client relationships, build new relationships and help to develop creative solutions for potential advertisers.
- Must be articulate in person, on phone, and in writing.
- Must be passionate about marketing of [niche topics].
- Sales experience a plus. Will train as necessary.
- Must use [SalesForce or other], Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Also needed are the skill to access data and research on the Internet, as well as ability to leverage social media and online-virtual meeting tools.