Interweave Press, a unit of Aspire Media, is one of the nation’s largest craft media companies with businesses in magazine and book publishing, interactive media, broadcast programming, and events for craft enthusiasts.
Email Marketing Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is primarily responsible for facilitating the accomplishment of Interweave’s vision and values by maximizing the revenue resulting from Interweave opt-in email lists through the optimum and sustainable promotion of Interweave products.
Values inherent to success in the position:
- Demonstrating warmth, personality, directness, voice, vulnerability and care with customers, co-workers, and vendors
- Creating high quality, innovative work product that enhances the lives of customers and/or co-workers
- Remembering and acting with the knowledge that customer satisfaction encompasses both external customers and co-workers and is our highest and most important objective in completing and accomplishing our daily tasks
- Leveraging technology, personal development, and organizational skills to continually enhance productivity
- Setting and attaining measurable objectives in your day-to-day activities
- Gaining trust and respect by working with integrity, openness, unity, honesty and balance
- Putting common goals ahead of personal interests
- Sharing ideas and best practices to foster an environment of mentoring and encouragement
- Understanding that change is inevitable and embracing it with positivity and openness
- Continually seeking to improve oneself and business practices to facilitate a nimble and creative environment
- Respecting yourself and others
Team: Consumer Marketing and emedia
Reports to: Audience Development Manager
Relationships: Internal: Marketing managers (eCommerce, Consumer Marketing, Product Marketing); Enewsletter editors; emedia production
Essential Functions of the Job:
Includes the following and additional duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the company:
- Utilizing past results, marketing manager and editor input and email best practices for copy, design, list segmentation and offer, ensure email promotions for Interweave products directed to Interweave opt-in lists to maximize short term and longer term revenue.
- Designing, executing, evaluate and implementing regular testing programs to all email lists, resulting in a continuous improvement in email best practices and results.
- Strict Adherence to CAN-SPAM regulations.
- Developing and managing the email promotion process assuring that all email promotions are sent accurately and in accordance with established timeframes.
- Insuring that revenue from both editorial and promotions are optimized by utilizing best practices for direct marketing promotion and ‘endorsement’ selling.
- Effectively promote offers specific to SEO premiums, monitoring list growth as a result of campaign success.
- Maximize the revenue from available web and email marketing banner ad positions through the use of effective analysis, scheduling and creative approaches.
- Identifying, developing and utilizing appropriate metrics to evaluate and maximize the effectiveness of all promotions.
- Developing and managing the budgets, schedules and production processes associated with all email and house banner ad promotions.
General: Strong combination of creative and analytical skills to both create promotions and analyze them, strong project management skills to achieve promotion mail dates and schedule adherence while working with internal groups, and attention to detail to insure promotions are accurate (copy and links) and meet schedules
Subject matter knowledge: 2+ years on-line direct marketing experience, demonstrated experience to develop and manage email promotion budgets, demonstrated experience utilizing email best practices, knowledge of special interest craft or niche markets in a multi-platform media company
Communication skills: Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills a must
Education and/or experience: B.S. in marketing, communication or a related field and/or 2 or more years of experience in direct online marketing.
Technology: Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and Outlook) and experience with web analytics software. Basic HTML experience a plus
This full-time job is located in Loveland, CO. Please send your resume to jeddy (at) interweave (dot) com.