Learn the 12 Webpage Templates Used by Today’s TopPublishers to Convert and Monetize Website Traffic
Mequoda Summit “Creating Effective Media Websites” Session Review:
Landing pages are the driving force for any successful Internet marketing program. A well-crafted landing page will maximize the possibility that a user landing there will take the action you desire and not click away.
How do you get users to the data collection page, credit card in hand and ready to buy? The key lies in crafting effective landing pages that are designed to handle the multiple sources of traffic to your website.
After reviewing literally thousands of media websites, we have identified two classes of landing pages (organic and dedicated) and twelve types.
Organic Landing Pages
There are six types of organic landing pages. Organic landing pages are composed of a mix of editorial and conversion architecture.
Organic landing pages are designed to attract website traffic and convert visitors into customers or subscribers. Publishers use organic landing pages when they can’t control where the user is going to enter (or “land” on) the website.
Generally, organic landing pages are wide open and full of content that the publisher has designed to be attractive to users and search engines. Essentially, an organic landing page is trying to get a user to find it using the Google, Yahoo! and MSN search engines.
Usually organic landing pages have substandard conversion architecture because the process of getting search engine spiders to find them, and getting other sites (those of journalists and webmasters) to link to them, requires these pages to be heavy with content and light on conversion architecture.
Optimally, organic landing pages both attract targeted website traffic and convert those visitors into subscribers, buyers or registered users.
Learn how to choose the best subscription pricing & single-copy pricing strategy for your subscription websites & subscription apps when you download a FREE copy of How to Use Contrast Pricing to Increase Subscription Revenue.
Dedicated Landing Pages
Dedicated landing pages are designed to receive targeted website traffic and convert users into buyers or subscribers. They can coincidentally attract organic traffic, but are dedicated to converting traffic, regardless of the source.
Generally traffic arrives at dedicated landing pages via links from sources the publisher controls, such as PPC (pay-per-click), affiliate advertising, or paid advertising.
The sole purpose of a dedicated landing page is to get an order. Therefore, the e-commerce conversion architecture for dedicated landing pages is overt and aggressive. Their prominent text links, order buttons and order forms urge users to initiate transactions.
What you’ll learn:
- The 12 types of organic and dedicated landing pages, each with its own unique information architecture designed to pull traffic in and initiate a transaction.
- How to identify the ten types and two classes of landing pages.
- How to use the different types of landing pages effectively.
- How to optimize an organic landing page to help a user searching with Google, Yahoo! or MSN to find it.
- How to create a flow of website pages that maximizes conversion rates.
- How to use OFINs (order forms in navigation) and OFIEs (order forms in editorial) to optimize sales.
- How to optimize other elements of landing page architecture.
- How to use well-crafted landing pages with proven conversion architecture for very stable, reliable results.
- How to measure the effectiveness of your websites.
- How to make your website’s interface more intuitive and uncomplicated.
- How to analyze the design of your competitors’ websites.