Our new step-by-step program goes from concept and theory to hands-on, practical guidance
A few weeks ago, Kim and I sat down to update the Content Marketing Strategy presentation for the June NYC workshop, as we do a couple of times per year.
We began to realize that the seven principles we’ve used to teach the program historically have appeared to be too abstract. As it is, we’ve been teaching this program since 2004, and now, seven years later, the concept isn’t as revolutionary as it was then.
After seven years, the top 15-20 media companies are now using what we taught as a revolutionary theory. Back then it was being utilized by less than 1 percent of media brands.
Since the concept of content marketing isn’t exactly groundbreaking anymore, we found ourselves completely reorganizing the presentation around the 41 steps that are required to start and run a successful online business. This business structure includes a portal, several retail websites and perhaps one or more subscription websites.
The average system within the Mequoda network is a comprehensive online business that varies in reach and size. For instance, VibrantNation.com is a broad-based B2C website. BlackBeltMag.com is a fairly niche B2C publication, while InsideARM.com is a very niche B2B operation.
What you’ll discover at the Content Marketing Strategy Workshop
We’ve taken the content we’ve taught in the past for launching or relaunching an online business, and compiled the structure, steps, details and considerations to come up with a new outline.
These 41 steps are a more explanatory way of teaching the same data. We were focused on concept in the past, as content marketing was confusing to many in the beginning. Today, publishers understand the concept and are now looking for the “how-to” steps on successfully running an online business. They want to understand the pressing aspects of physically launching or relaunching an online business including details about each step of the process, all the alternatives they face, how they are going to make money and solid examples can they learn from.
So if you’re into the cutting edge of online business management, come to New York City and join us as we present a brand new content marketing program in a working step-by-step order. As a precursor, here’s an outline of the 41 steps we will be presenting on June 21st.
41 steps to a successful content marketing strategy
1. Inventory Your Publishing Assets
2. Illustrating Your Brand Family
3. Choosing Your Business Model
4. Defining Your Audience Pyramid
5. Planning Your Global Site Map
6. Establishing a Blog-Centric URL Structure
7. Establishing a Magazine-Centric URL Structure
8. Establishing a Decentralized URL Structure
9. Defining Key Assumptions
10. Sizing Up The Competition
Download a FREE copy of 7 Ways to Monetize your Portal Audience, and discover how today's top publishers are generating revenue through memberships, events, clubs, sponsorships, and more.
11. Defining Your Website Taxonomy
12. Matching Sponsors to Topics
13. Building Your Keyword Universe
14. Updating Your Strategy Model
15. Choosing Mentor Sites & Best Practices
16. Choosing 2-Column Design
17. Choosing 3-Column Design
18. Creating a Website Style Guide
19. Choosing Your Content Management System
20. Choosing Internal System Plug-ins
21. Choosing External System Options
22. Establishing Conversion Architecture
23. Creating Conversion Elements
24. Setting an Archive Release Policy
25. Setting an Online Publishing Schedule
26. Choosing an Image Service
27. Building or Configuring Your CMS
28. Maximizing Website Usability
29. Hiring Your Content Marketing Specialist
30. Training Your Staff
31. Closing Launch Sponsors
32. Loading Content
33. Preparing Your Initial SEO Campaign
34. Setting Up Twitter Program
35. Setting Up Facebook Program
36. Launching & Tracking SEO Campaigns
37. Monitoring & Optimizing Your System
38. Finalizing Business Plan
39. Raising Capital
40. Create a Systems Development Budget
41. Create a Systems Development Schedule
For detailed information on each of these 41 steps, join us at the Residence Inn Times Square on June 21st for our Content Marketing Strategy Workshop. Seats are limited, so register now.