Note: This job description is one in a series of job descriptions for multiplatform publishers. If you operate or plan to operate a Mequoda System, this series of job descriptions will help you build a team that will command and conquer your multiplatform publishing effort.
The Online Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for facilitating the accomplishment of the company’s vision and values by maximizing the size of the website email lists, utilizing SEO campaign development, registration process optimization, partnerships, contests, promotion, social media presence and list segmentation management.
1. Develop, Execute, Analyze and improve SEO campaigns for all registration-focused sites following the Mequoda freemium-based SEO campaign process.
2. Oversee Search engine penetration in major search engines; ensure we have optimized search engine site maps to facilitate speed and depth of search engine indexing.
3. Guide editors and marketers on top terms to use to maximize search rankings.
4. Track SEO effectiveness using GVR process, SEO referrals, Search Engine Penetration reports and other available resources.
1. Optimize the registration process for all websites. Regular testing of member joining offers. Track conversion rates though each step of the Conversion process funnel.
2. Develop effective registration process for new platforms that [Company] publishes on to convert viewers into buyers.
3. Develop and execute viral marketing contests and strategic partnerships to increase newsletter lists.
4. Manage the process to add any Bulk List Adds to the newsletter list – including source coding them to track their performance.
5. Manage the process to reactivate members based on inactivity period reporting.
1. Reporting/Analysis: produce or work with others to produce the activity and trending reports needed to track all above job responsibilities including providing necessary metrics to upper management.
2. Develop a Social Media program for all communities for all key existing and new social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, RSS, etc.)
3. Promote all Community newsletters using house print and web product channels and Corporate Publicity.
- Strong combination of creative and analytical skills to both create promotions and analyze them
- Strong project management skills to achieve program implementation schedule adherence while working with internal groups.
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial strategic proposals and implement programs with market group partners.
- 2+ years on-line direct marketing experience developing new member newsletter registration and retention programs, demonstrated experience to develop and execute SEO campaigns.
- Strong understanding of list development, management and segmentation.
- Knowledge of [special interest or niche market] within a multi-platform media company.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to communicate programs, strategies and results internally.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with web analytics software.
- Basic HTML experience a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
B.S. in marketing, communication or a related field and/or 2 or more years of experience in direct online marketing.